CHARLESTOWN HOME PAGE
EASTWOOD HOME PAGE
WHERE WE ARE
SITES IN CHARLESTOWN
PEOPLE
EVENTS
MILLS TRANSPORT AND INDUSTRIES
ABOUT THE GROUP
TALK TO US
WALKS AND PATHS
LINKS AND INFO
ARCHIVE
HEBDEN BRIDGE LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY
Charlestown History Group
Naze Bottom Chapel

Naze Bottom or Mount Olivet Chapel

There is still a lot of research to be done on this chapel.

Extracts from Underbank Mill Sunday School minute book

June 30th 1845 School meeting held at the Hall is 1st entry - Samuel Smith in the chair.

  • The name of the building to be inscribed on stone in front. The inscription to be "Mount Olivet"
  • Large quantities of milk ordered for special occasions - maybe because there was no drinking water at the Chapel.
  • 1865 - The minister received 10/- per week.
  • 1866- Looking for teacher for the Day School and a preacher.
  • 1876 - June - 58 members
  • 1976 - November 9th - 9 people baptised in the lodge at Jumble Hole owned by Mr Stead. 3pm - tea.

 

This page was last updated April 2009

Back to the Charlestown History Group home page